a sisterlocks journey

(a sisterlocks journey)

text links



Read the very first post on this blog ~~~ "Pledging the Sisterlocks Sorority"

Looking for Sisterlocks Photos? ***CLICK HERE***



Beautiful People Who Follow My Blog...

Beautiful People Who Follow My Blog

Monday, March 3, 2008

Sons of Blood and Thunder

My little cousin, crossed over this past weekend! Psi Chapter (Morehouse College), Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.

CJ's Dog Face

His mom (my cousin Vera) and I waited in the lobby of the Omega World Headquarters for him to come down with his line brothers after the ceremony on Saturday.


Omega World Headquarters

Hugging mommy!

Founder's poster in the lobby

His uncle (my cousin, Frank) pinned him and gave him his jacket, one of a dozen gifts!

The line was presented to the campus on Sunday afternoon. My mom, my boys, my cousins and I had a ball!

Near Kilgore Hall, Morehouse College

My little cousin is the seventh Q on my dad's side of the family including my dad. My mom's dad was a Q as well. He graduated from Johnson C. Smith College, class of 1915, but I think he may have been made at Ohio State or made as a graduate later in life. He knew Ernest Everett Just, the father of cell biology; one of the illustrious founders of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.

After working out - no makeup - and Kofi's finger in my face!

[Since this is supposed to be a hair blog, I thought I would throw in some hair photos from this weekend!]

I have a colleague who has a real problem with the concept of a "Black Greek." His wife is a Delta.

I suppose "Black Greek" could be considered an oxymoron.

If my sorors and I were in our right minds, we'd be venerating the goddess Safkhet or Ma'at instead of Minerva.

But, interestingly, according to the Greeks, the city-state of Athens was founded by Senwosret the first, the fifth monarch of the 12th Dynasty of ancient Kemet - an Afrikan, don't cha know.

So, perhaps "Black Greek" not such an oxymoron after all. ;o)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...