a sisterlocks journey

(a sisterlocks journey)

text links



Read the very first post on this blog ~~~ "Pledging the Sisterlocks Sorority"

Looking for Sisterlocks Photos? ***CLICK HERE***



Beautiful People Who Follow My Blog...

Beautiful People Who Follow My Blog

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Poetry Wars: You Decide

I was checking my old links and I discovered that the ones below are now dead :o(
...but you might enjoy this spoken word performance instead :o)
_______________

Yvonne Coleman-Burney defends her right to wear her "naturally rolled roots tucked under a slick trick of weave," if I am reading it correctly, in this poem entitled Nappy Roots...

...Compare and contrast to Linda "Slendah" Hayes' Why All You Sisters Want Me to Cut My Hair?

Is the right to choose the central question or is the psychological basis for the choice the central issue?

You decide.

[Much love. Hotep.]

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...