a sisterlocks journey

(a sisterlocks journey)

text links



Read the very first post on this blog ~~~ "Pledging the Sisterlocks Sorority"

Looking for Sisterlocks Photos? ***CLICK HERE***



Beautiful People Who Follow My Blog...

Beautiful People Who Follow My Blog

Sunday, January 27, 2008

2008 Young Physician of the Year Award

I won the Atlanta Medical Association's Young Physician of the Year Award tonight. I tied for the award with Freda, a friend and colleague of mine. She's a surgeon. The award is always given at our annual scholarship ball. Several thousands of dollars in scholarships were given out to deserving Black medical students from Georgia. I always support the event as a patron by buying a table or two.

We had a great time. I danced until my feet hurt! My good sistah friend, Naomi, won a signed print by Leon Campbell at the silent auction and surprised me by giving it to me at the end of the night. She used to have locs that were so long, she could almost sit on them. Now, I think she has loc-like extensions fused to her natural hair.

Freda introduced me to one of her guests who had locs. They were pinned up atop her head in a tasteful, full bun and looked beautiful. I complimented her and told her that I was getting sisterlocked next week. She was very encouraging, saying, " I think you will be pleased. I have no regrets."

I'm only sorry that I didn't get a shot of her do.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...