a sisterlocks journey

(a sisterlocks journey)

text links



Read the very first post on this blog ~~~ "Pledging the Sisterlocks Sorority"

Looking for Sisterlocks Photos? ***CLICK HERE***



Beautiful People Who Follow My Blog...

Beautiful People Who Follow My Blog

Thursday, January 31, 2008

2 Days and Counting

48 hours 'til I'm sisterlocked.

I met a nurse today who had micro sisterlocks.

She had been locked for 4 years. "I LOVE my hair!" she declared. Her hair was really very fine and didn't appear truly locked even towards the middle of each lock. Her ends were definitely not locked. But her hair was beautiful!

My hair is a bit more course than hers. I hope it locks by or before the 6 month mark. Mike and I will be going on a study tour of Kemet (Egypt) in August with Dr.Hagins. To be locked by August is my goal!

Tonight I am going to color my few grey around the edges and give myself a good trim. Then, tomorrow, I will wash my hair again with Herbal Essence "Degunkifying" (clarifying) shampoo. I'll braid the ends losely, let it dry and then sit under the dryer, so the roots will be as thick and coily as possible.

My next post will be entitled Sisterlocks in Progress!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...