a sisterlocks journey

(a sisterlocks journey)

text links



Read the very first post on this blog ~~~ "Pledging the Sisterlocks Sorority"

Looking for Sisterlocks Photos? ***CLICK HERE***



Beautiful People Who Follow My Blog...

Beautiful People Who Follow My Blog

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Ann Coulter & Kwanzaa: We must be doing something right

I've been noticing a re-emerging hostility towards Kwanzaa, particularly on the conservative blogs...and I'm reassured that we must be doing something right.

I smile when the lovely Ann Coulter feels the need to post...

"I've seen so few mentions of Kwanzaa this year, I was going to declare my campaign a success...I believe more African-Americans spent this season reflecting on the birth of Christ than some phony non-Christian holiday invented a few decades ago by an FBI stooge. Kwanzaa is a holiday for white liberals, not blacks." (Jewish World Review, January 8, 2008)

The boys at our friends' annual Karamu 2007-08

Smart lady. Interesting tactic. Work the 'non-Christian' angle and then claim "war is peace" (Kwanzaa is a white holiday).

I made this door hanging from a placemat, 2 flags, a mini-Kwanzaa kit, candles and a hot glue gun!

If Ann Coulter and others are so threatened by this simple celebration of Afrikan unity and self-determination, that they expend the time and energy to bash it so --- we must be doing something right.

Candle lighting ceremony at our Karamu 2006-07

I am reminded of one of my mother's favorite declarations: "The opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference."

Don't expect indifference towards Kwanzaa. Expect vitriolic derision...

...then keep on affirming self...

...and smile. ;o)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...