a sisterlocks journey

(a sisterlocks journey)

text links



Read the very first post on this blog ~~~ "Pledging the Sisterlocks Sorority"

Looking for Sisterlocks Photos? ***CLICK HERE***



Beautiful People Who Follow My Blog...

Beautiful People Who Follow My Blog

Friday, August 28, 2009

A Question about Sisterlocks with Permed Ends...

On August 26, 2009 7:52 PM,

Ms. S said in a comment about the post entitled "The (BIG) Big Chop"...


Hello! How long have you been sisterlocked?
Have you kept the relaxed ends the whole time?
I plan on getting SLs soon but am not sure about a big chop soon after.

(My response)

Ms. S,

I've been loc'd 19 months.

I kept the ends 'til July (about 17 months), but I will tell you that in order to hold a curl at the end of my 'braid-outs', I would clip the ends a little to get them even.

Over time the ends will break off and bunching of permed ends can be a problem if you don't bind the ends with care EVERY time you wash your hair.

I found that braid-outs, minimized the difference in texture between the permed ends the locking, natural hair. Braid-outs also help to camoflage any bunching you might experience as well. It also makes your hair appear fuller and more abundant.

However, braid-outs (damp, braided hair, rolled on flex rods and dried VERY dry before removal of the rods), begin to take longer to dry as you gain length and texture. But without braiding your hair BEFORE curling it, the variation in texture is MUCH more obvious (and would have led me to cut off the perm sooner).

One of the upsides of having cut off the permed ends, is that I now roll WITHOUT braiding first, which has significantly reduced my drying time. Hope this inspires you!

Looking for lots of updates from you on your journey...:o)
DL

Earlier post about Braid-outs

1 comment:

Ms. S said...

Thank you so much for this response! My hair is currently past "armpit length" so a big chop is not in the picture. So, I willing go the extra mile to try to keep my relaxed ends as long as possible... clipping as I go... before a bigchop.

I LOVE your braidouts... I hope mine looks just as great!

Thanks again for posting this reply. =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...